Main Dishes |
Salads / Sides |
Other Items of Interest |
My Pinterest Food Boards
Gnocchi, wheat free
Version 3.2, the one that worked!
1 kg (2 lb.) cooked mashed potatoes - no lumps!
2 cups white rice flour
1 cup corn starch
Cover with hot tomato sauce, or just butter and cheese, and
Cooking Footer Menu
- Mix the rice flour and corn starch together.
- Mix the eggs and salt into the potatoes.
- Add about half of the flour combination, mix well, then add
more until the dough just comes together so you can knead
lightly. [The proportion may vary depending on the
moisture in the potatoes. If you need more flour than this,
you probably made the taters too wet… but carry on.]
- Shape small portions of the dough into long "snakes" and
score lengthwise with a fork.
- On a floured surface, cut snakes into small pieces.
- Place a few gnocchi in salted boiling water.
- As the gnocchi rise to the top of the pot, remove them with
a slotted spoon.
- Repeat until all are cooked.
Lynnette (Debbie) |
Unicorn Fiber Arts |
Copyright by Debbie & Tim Coyle (page) & Susan Fox (recipe)