Main Dishes |
Salads / Sides |
Other Items of Interest |
My Pinterest Food Boards
Pickled Beets and Eggs
This is my mom's recipe, and I've loved it for years. I often make it
without the eggs just because I prefer the beets and onions.
It can be a perpetual jar: As you eat out of it keep it topped off by adding more
ingredients as needed.
It's great for snacks, side dishes, and potlucks.
- A l pound can of sliced Beets
- 1 cup Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Thinly sliced raw yellow Onion, separated into rings
- Peeled hard boiled Eggs (optional)
- Drain beets, retaining liquid.
- Pour liquid into glass jar or bowl.
- Add vinegar, sugar, and salt. Stir till sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Add — in layers — whole eggs, beets, and onion.
- Taste and adjust as needed:
- If too sour, add sugar to taste,
- If too sweet, add vinegar to taste.
- Cover. Chill overnight before serving.
If you use fresh beets:
- 3/4 cup of juice is equivalent to quantity of juice in l can of beets.
- Slice cooked beets thin.
Lynnette (Debbie) |
Unicorn Fiber Arts |
If these pages were useful or entertaining
Copyright by Debbie & Tim Coyle